But the true offensive power of Bird comes when combined with other members of the band, either taking advantage of situations of outnumbered (and can win a +2 when hit by the combination of this with his Weapon Master), easily achievable using Military Tradition (2SC) to approach to the combat the nearby Veterans (20 cm or less, and they are not to be visible), either because he has joined one, being able to carry it out even just immediately after an allied Henchmen do it thanks to being able to use Let's Go (One of the boys).
In Defensive, in spite of maintaining the Defense value of 3 of his fellow mercenaries in addition to the characteristic Bulletproof Vest in all of them (except Venom Soldier) to offer some resistance to the Firearms, Bird has traits that improve him in this aspect. One of his great strengths is the immunity to the effects of mental control that gives his Self-Discipline, reason why can be a great candidate to throw it facing to personages like Poison Ivy or Mad Hater, although without support of companions not be afradi. Although it has already been mentioned above, in case of reaching an elevated area, the Climbing Rope (1SC) gives him a passive protection against bouncing due to pushing as long as he has SC to be able to use it outside of his activation.
- Offer protection to teammates in the melee and who, if possible, have already hit, so that the opponent has to hit you, regardless of bonus, at 6+. In this case it is impossible not to think about Killer Croc (the 95-point), since activating your Superior Sense of Smell could act inside the smoke as without affecting it.
- Avoid manipulating objetives like Batsignal, although if you decide to leave Bird in the rear for this, you would be wasting your Military Tradition.
- Cut lines of sight to enemy shooters or characters with long range traits like Discourage. Between this, the Military Tradition and some Follow me! and/or Inspire can be made to advance much to the thickness of the band without being conditioned by the rival shooters. Of course, Bird should activate before them and get their grenade to be effective.
- If you have a rival that enters the radius of action of the explosion (20 cm range plus 5 radius of action) you can slow his advance during that round so that he cannot increase his base movement with MC (when he goes out the smoke the moment to use MC to increase the movement will already have passed).
- Ultimately, it can be one of the most effective tools to deal with the always annoying whistles (or characters like Killer Frost capable of producing the same Stop effect), disrupting the line of sight and stopping the effect produced.
As far as his own benefit suppose his traits, Veteran gives him some margin of error in planning, either because of a failure in it, because the rival has been conditioned to not do something that he had in mind (as can be attack him) or, perhaps the most usual, because the opponent has attacked him and it was not necessary to use DC. To this must be added the option that adds T.N.T. of replacing counters at a distance in companions, even more if equipped with Night Vision. His synergy with the rest of mercenaries would not be complete unless he is more than a leader for them, he is considered one more (One of the boys), which allows him to be able to use Let's Go as if of a Henchmen it was (but not to try to activate a Henchmen after him or to be able to repeat to be less than 20 cm of a Sidekick), which taking into account his low value of Attack can benefit to him when it comes to focusing on a rival next to "his Boys "without it being able to react.
- The most obvious is to include how many more Veteran better. This can also be further enhanced by someone with Follow me! like Capitán Boomerang.
- If you look one by one at the members of this band, it can be seen that only Smash and Mohawk have a margin of error when it comes to impact thanks to the Handy of their weapons, and also with an Attack value (3) not very difficult to block. This is why characters with Confusion as Riddler or White Rabbit can contribute a lot to the band. In the case of Riddler it should be added that his Disarray can be key to leave a rival with the fewest possible counters of Defense; even some character with the trait Taunt could achieve the same effect, but to this day there is no one with this ability. For her part, White Rabbit would involve the inclusion of an Acrobat in a band whose leaders lack that mobility, being also cadidata perfect to try to attract the rival shots.