The first thing to highlight on the Captain is his Power 8, at the level of the best ones such as Thor and Gamora, even he can be above them with Power 9 if he is on the medium zone of his Endurance bar. Regarding his Level he has a medium cost, far away from the 12 and 4 points of his mates Thor and Black Widow respectively.
- Energy Defense: 15, only 1 point above the 14 value of Starlord, and 3 below other heroes such as Nova, Black Panther or Rocket Racoon.
- Supernatural Defense: 15, between the 13 points of his mate Tony Stark and the 17 from Colossus.
- Mental Defense: 15, 13 Colossus and 20 Deadpool, although with 18-17 there are Rogue (18), Tony Stark (18) and Starlord (17).
- Physical Defense: 17, here is where he stands, mainly because only Colossus is above him with 20, as it could be expected.
Regarding the Offensive skills he has 3 different attacks, although none of them is specially harmful. The most curious about that is that his 7 Attack value is the best value until today:
- Shield Bounce (3): The best attack of the Captain although it only deals 2 damage, but for damaging tasks there are his mates. The good point of that is that it has a 8'' range and ignores Physical Resistances, although the really annoying thing of this attack is its own Overload if it is used: Ricochet, which makes the shield to bounce to a second enemy within 3'' of the objective making a new impact roll (it only bounces once). The good point of Steve is his Attack 7 which still without using the normal Overload, he has good chances to impact if he chooses wisely the target.
- Meteor Kick (2): The worst attack of the 3, and although it deals the same damage as the Shield Strike (1 damage) its range is limited only to close combat and doesn't apply any additional effect. The "good" point of it is than can be used as many times as possible.
- Shield Strike (2): Also limited for close combat range, but it can be the attack to start with due to its Overload makes the enemy to lose 1 POW counter (Stun/1), although it must not be forgotten that only with 2 dices is complicated to impact if the target hasn't been chosen wisely. The difficult of the impact can be reduced using before any skill affecting enemies Defenses. Again it lets the Captain to ignore Physical resistances.
- To bring the mates close enough so they can be protected with his Bodyguard.
- Maybe its most benefit is to bring the mates close enough to empower them with his Leadership/6 skill..
- 1 POW to use his Bodyguard and becoming the new target of the attack; or 1 POW for using his Shield Block being him or a mate within 8'' the target of a Physical or Energy attack, with a 56% chances and repeating for being Acrobat (it should be taken into account this skill must be used before the enemy makes the impact roll).
- 1 POW to increase his Defense, and if the received attack has Physical Nature better because it will increase to 19.
If the rival impacts him, for 1 POW he has one chance per round for trying to stop the attack (only if it is Physical or Energy) with his Shield Block, with a 56% chances of succeed and repeating. Although being limited once per round can seem a little poor, first the Defense of the Captain must be exceed, which is not so easy.